vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Renaissance Newark Airport

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob?......................................................Renaissance Newark Airport

And what's the lounge like? This is an airport hotel with extensive meeting space and the lounge is somewhat smaller than I expected, but there were very few in the lounge overall. It's eefintely set up as a place to lounge with lots of squishy sofas on the 10th floor. It's very nicely done with plenty of table space despite its relatively small size by placing high chairs against the expansive Windows affording sweeping views across the airport and to the Manhattan skyscrapers beyond.

image.jpeg

Hows the evening food? Pretty uninspiring, chunks of cheddar, some crackers, toasted bread and pickle, a hot fish pasta. I guess if you like lumpfish pasta and cheddar cheese you're ok. Not my things though.

Any free alcohol? Not a drop. There is an honesty bar offering bottles at $1 less than the bar downstairs.

Whats the hours? Open Mon-Thurs Breakfast 6:00-9:00 Friday breakfast 6:00-9:30 Sat & Sun 7:00-10:30. Evening food 17:00-20:00 Sunday to Thursday.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Only closed for evening on Friday and Saturday and have extended breakfast hours on Saturday and Sunday

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Pretty strong breakfast offering with hot scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon, breads, spreads and fruit. A good choice here

Upgrades? Yes, cheapest redemption room to concierge floor

Late Checkout? Absolutely, when I checked in I was asked if I needed a late checkout, which I took till 2pm

Comments... The breakfast offering is pretty strong, the evening much weaker. The weekend closure is disappointing as is the no-free-beer policy but that is the way in the USA. It's seating is well thought out and the food area large enough for what's on offer. The view is interesting.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Renaissance Newark Airport and its Good (3/5)

Outcomes