vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Park City, UT

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by clebert

Marriott Park City, UT

What is lounge like? Lounge is small but not crowded at all, although it got busy at breakfast time.  Still enough food and seating, though.

How is the evening food?  First night was Greek-style feta cheese triangle wraps, crudités, potato salad, cheese and crackers, nuts and dried fruit.  Second night was the same except coconut shrimp instead of the Greek triangles.  The coconut shrimp was fantastic.  The other items were good but nothing spectacular.  Brownies were the dessert on day 1.  I missed desert on day 2, but the attendant said it was going to be tiramisu.

Any free alcohol?  I did not see any evidence of any alcohol whatsoever in the CL, although there was a full-service bar and restaurant right across the hallway.  I suspect being in Utah has something to do with the lack of alcohol, or perhaps I missed it completely or maybe you had to ask the attendant to get you the booze as it wasn't sitting out, and there were full-time attendants there.  I think Utah might have a law saying that the alcohol can't be sitting out, so I am pretty sure that I would have had to ask the attendants to get it for me, and I imagine they would have done so had I asked.

The hours? Open 6:30 - 10 every day with breakfast from 6:30-9, appetizers from 5:30-7:30, and dessert from 7:30-10.

Closed on weekends?  Actually, this CL is open all day every day, including weekends.  It was a very pleasant and welcome surprise, and weekend access more than made up for any shortcomings.

Breakfast?  The usual fare - nothing missing but nothing out of the ordinary, either.

Upgrades?  I got a room on the top floor at the very end of the hall at the far end of the property which was perfect as it was quiet.  So that is enough of an "upgrade" that I was very happy with my room.

Comments - Flavia was there most of my stay, and she was very friendly and helpful.  The other attendants were very good as well.  This CL seemed to be staffed all the time, and the staff was very good and very engaged in their work and working hard.  There was a welcome sign with my name on it, along with other members' names (first name and last initial only).  There was a desk where the attendants had tourism info and would help you book activities, hiking, skiing, dinner reservations, etc.  Fridges had soft drinks, bottled water, milk, and yogurts.  There were trail mix and chex mix types snacks and fruit available at all times. This property had Coke Products, not Pepsi which was interesting since Marriott usually only has Pepsi, I think?

SO, I give it a 4.5 out of 5.  7 day a week access is wonderful, and the staff was great, too.  I can't give it a 5 because it's a bit small and didn't have the expansive food selections that some properties do, and the alcohol issue I mentioned above, and the property is older and a bit in need of refurbishment generally, although it was priced right and just fine for my purposes (but nobody would ever mistake it for a RC or even a JW).  I have a feeling that you could easily get alcohol from the attendants if you asked.  I didn't ask so it wasn't a big deal to me.  I realize Utah may have some issues with alcohol that you don't find elsewhere, and if I'd really wanted alcohol I would not have hesitated to ask.

Outcomes