vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Richmond Downtown

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob?......................................................Marriott Richmond Downtown

And what's the lounge like? This is a convention hotel and the lounge is on the 15th floor.. It's very nicely done with plenty of table space despite its relatively small size. Large windows afford sweeping views across Richmond and into the countryside beyond.

image.jpeg

Hows the evening food? Sunday was seafood night and offered seafood gumbo, seafood pasta and garlic mussels with grilled vegetables, a very wide salad offering and plenty of fixings. Hosted by the fabulously friendly Dawn (Asked if she did breakfast she replied, Dawn only comes out at dusk!) she kept everything topped up. Very tasty!

image.jpeg

Any free alcohol? I'm afraid not but bottled beer is a very reasonable $3 each and there was a fairly wide ranging honesty bar. Dawn very attentively kept my glass topped up!

Whats the hours? Open Mon-Fri Breakfast 6:30-9:00 Sat & Sun 7:00-10:30. Evening food 17:00-22:00 Sunday, 17:30-22:00 Monday to Thursday.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Only closed for evening on Friday and Saturday and have extended breakfast hours on Saturday and Sunday

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Very strong breakfast offering with hot scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages, breads, spreads, cold meats and fruit. Not far off a full breakfast choice here.

Upgrades? No, but twin room needed as I'm with my son so they're difficult to upgrade.

Late Checkout? Absolutely, when I checked in I was asked if I needed a late checkout.

Comments... Both breakfast and evening offerings offerings are the strongest I've come across in America. The semi weekend closure is disappointing as is the no-free-beer policy but that is the way in the USA. Dawn is a really attentive and friendly host, greeting her regulars by name and enquiring the names of newbs like me, then using it for the rest of the evening. She's made for the job. I've said that no lounge that closes at the weekend and fails to offer free beer can score a perfect 5/5, but made an exception for the Niagara Falls lounge and I'm going to do so again here. Reasonable beer prices, lengthy weekend breakfast hours and strongest food offering in the USA, and especially the delightful Dawn, means this place is trying its best...

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Marriott Richmond Downtown and its Fabulous (5/5)

Outcomes