vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by yogib

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain

And what's the lounge like? done, Very nicely done, clearly trying to ape a gentlemans reading room from bygone days. No overcrowding here, on the top floor with great views across the city

image.jpeg

Hows the evening food? Hot was one meat and one veggie choice. Both were very appetising and tasty. Cold selection was wide with plenty of cheeses and salad stuff. Very good food. Desserts however were non-existent. No exaggeration, despite the card clearly stating desserts were offered, none were.

Any free alcohol? Not a drop, there was a fairly wide ranging honesty bar at full bar prices, with some bottles of local brew too, all alas chargeable.

Whats the hours? Open all day 06:30-23:00. Breakfast 6:30-10:00. Evening food 17:30-19:30, desserts 19:30-22:00. Honesty bar 17:30-22:00.

image.jpg

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? I'm afraid they are, locked and shut.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Although not a wide breakfast offering, the ingredients are very good, and the croissants are spectacular! For my weekend nights a continental breakfast voucher was given and for $10 upgrade able to full brekkie, which I did on one morning, well worth it!

Upgrades? Yes from a standard room to a view room.

Late Checkout? Absolutely, offered at checkin and after I declined they made it clear I could change my mind at anytime during the stay.

Comments... Evening offerings are very hit and miss, very good hot and cold savoury, utterly non-existent dessert AND there's no free booze, which is the way it is in North America. This lounge is however big enough for its purpose and a pleasant place to spend time. What food is offered is very good, but totally missing desserts isn't! No booze, limited breakfast and the missed desserts lose it 2 points

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Marriott Montreal Chateau Champlain and its Good (3/5)

Outcomes