vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Stanton Miami Beach

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Marriott Stanton Miami Beach

And what's the lounge like? This is a compact hotel, with I thnk the tiniest seating area I've ever seen, seats for about 15 only. But this is Miami Beach, and the lounge has 4, yes you read that right 4 balconies with relaxed and high seating for another 30, so even though it's a busy lounge we have never found it overcrowded during our weeks stay.

Hows the evening food? Not great to be honest. The hot option is uninspiring though it does change daily. The one day it had something we liked, chicken wings, we'd just eaten, so dispirited had we been by the lounge offerings in previous evenings. The desserts are nice and the lounge does restock.

Any free alcohol? It's mainland USA and as I've learned, no free booze, but there is an honesty bar with prices that arent quite as high as the main bar.

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Breakfast 6:30-10:30. Evening food and honesty bar 5:30-10:30. So long hours. This is a good thing as it can get quite windy here, and whilst the hotel outside bar is seafront it is exposed, the lounge is city view so the balconies there are sheltered from the gusts.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? It's open for breakfast 7 days a week but no evening service Friday or Saturday nights, though its key accessible during closed hours for soft drinks and water.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Again, breakfast isn't really inspiring, same selection every day, oatmeal, eggs, bacon/sausages, potatoes, sliced bread, croissants, bagels, strawberries, pineapple and 3 very sugary cereals plus plain cornflakes and yoghurt. its a decent fill up and nice to eat outside on one of the balconies

image.jpeg

Upgrades? From a city view to a larger sea view room, it was a beautiful view that we woke up to every day, it's a well run older property that's kept scrupulously clean.

Comments...   This is a confusing lounge really. It's seating and balconies suggest the hotel once attached value to the service, it's current offerings suggest it's consulted the rulebook for the minimums and applied them. However that may be because the Marriott Stanton hotel is drawing to a close as its added a pool and is now adding 2 new restaurants to become the Stanton SoBe Resort, and we all know what that means. This lounge won't see out the summer, no doubt to be converted into either a very unique meeting room or a several-balconied suite. It's a pity it's going but even though the food is repetitive, those views and balconies mean we've spent an hour or 2 there most evenings so I rate it overall a Good

Outcomes