vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Heathrow/Windsor

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Marriott Heathrow/Windsor

And what's the lounge like?

This is a huge rambling hotel, yet the lounge is tiny with seating for about 30. It's nicely set out and use of space is very thoughtful. Although it got busy there wasn't any overcrowding whilst I was there.

Hows the evening food? Hot was one of the strongest I've seen with very tasty veg soup and sausage and mash with gravy. There was also salad, cheeses, biscuits, fruit salads and 2 cakes, lemon drizzle and walnut. It's easy to make a meal of it here and we did!

Any free alcohol? Yes, the lounge attendant is very observant keeping you topped up with your choice of red/white wine or bottles of Carlsberg.

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Breakfast 6:30-9:30. Evening food and alcohol 5:30-7:30. Whilst the hours are the minimum when open this is a top lounge!

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Perhaps surprisingly bearing in mind it's strong offerings and the clear commitment this place has to a good lounge, they do close at weekends... Boo!

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Again, the hotel majors on a really good offering but that's not surpirising having stayed here before and sampled the free restaurant breakfast at the weekends which is one of the best buffets in the world of Marriott-dom. Whether here on a weekend or weekday you'll be happy with your Gold/Plat brekkie.

Upgrades? From a standard to a larger room, so nothing too fancy, but it's a well run older property that's kept scrupulously clean.

Comments...   This is a fabulous lounge when it's open and it's a real pity that this hotel, with its obvious commitment to its lounge offerings, doesn't extend that commitment to its opening hours and days. It's opening hours are as short as they get and its closed at weekends so although if you're there when it's open it really is fabulous, the short hours and weekend closure means you're likely to miss out. Taking that into account I rate it overall a Great

Outcomes