vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Tampa Airport Marriott

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by clebert

Tampa Airport Marriott, TPA Airport

And what's the lounge like? TWO WORDS...

1) Updated

2)  Friendly

How's the evening food? There wasn't much for hot food except some spring rolls which were quite good.  Crudites and cheese/crackers were also offered.  It was fine but not as good as other places I've experienced.  Dessert was better than average with with carrot cake, lemon cake, or chocolate cake as choices, along with butter cookies (aka spritz cookies).  I had a slice of 3-layer lemon cake, and it was delicious.  The butter cookies were available all day as a snack.  They were ok, but nothing special.

Any free alcohol? No, but there was an honor bar and/or attendant to serve whatever you wanted for a fee.

What's the hours?  Open 6am until 10pm, I think.  It was nice to be able to get in during the day for a bottled water, can of soda, cookie, piece of fruit, etc.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? I think so but I didn't pay much attention as I was there during the week.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? A little disappointing as there was no bacon or sausages.  The only hot items were eggs and oatmeal.  They had the usual toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc.  It was not bad, though.  I missed the bacon.  I don't eat much bacon usually, but Marriott has really good bacon so I kind of look forward to it and missed it.

Upgrades?  I got a room on the top floor near the CL so I guess that was an upgrade.

Comments...   This Marriott was updated and the décor was more modern and stylish than the typical FS Marriott, so that was a plus.  If you are flying in or out of TPA, the convenience cannot be beat.  The lobby was right there in the airport, and there are many shops and restaurants right there either on the hotel property or just a few feet away.  There is a UPS Store onsite for business needs.  The pool area was quite nice for an airport hotel.  The fitness center was quite large and had good equipment, lockers, showers, complementary disposable headphones, etc.  Views from the rooms were pretty good if you enjoy watching aircraft take off and land.  Service was excellent.  I attended a conference there, and the conference facilities and catering were quite good.  TPA is a very convenient airport that's easy to get in and out of and has lots of great amenities for an airport that isn't a major hub.  Rental cars are right there onsite, and there are decent shopping and food options on site as well.  I would stay there again if I had a conference onsite and/or a flight in or out of TPA.  I paid $163 plus tax for a Wednesday evening stay in September 2015 , a discounted rate as I was attending a conference there.  I think the normal rate was $189 - 219 or something in that neighborhood.

Overall it was GOOD.

Outcomes