vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by azdesertrat

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre

And what's the lounge like? Nicely done, one of the biggest I've seen, no overcrowding here, on the ground floor next to the restaurant and bar

Hows the evening food? Hot was one meat and one veggie choice. Cold selection was similarly limited and desserts were Hobson's choice as well. Overall though food was pretty uninspiring.

Any free alcohol? Not a drop, there was a fairly wide ranging honesty bar at full bar prices.

Whats the hours? Open all day 06:30-23:00. Breakfast Is restaurant hours (see below). Evening food 5:30-7:30, desserts 7:30-9:30. Honesty bar 5:30-9:30.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? I'm afraid they are, locked and shut.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Here, it's an odd arrangement, you enter the lounge and pick up a wooden tray, leave the lounge and go to the bar area next to the restaurant which is the serving area for the restaurant breakfast, take all the goodies you want from there and return to the lounge to eat. It's a bit of a clat with lounge keys, but since the lounge breakfast is in effect the excellent and wide ranging restaurant breakfast this can't be beat.

Upgrades? Yes, lovely corner room, very nice!

Comments... Evening offerings are a bit scanty and there's no free booze, but as I'm rapidly finding out, that's the way it is in North America. This lounge is however plenty big enough for its purpose and a pleasant place to spend time. The breakfast arrangement may be strange but it allows for the full restaurant breakfast which is superb here.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre and its Good

Outcomes