vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Marriott Niagara Fallsview

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Marriott Niagara Fallsview

And what's the lounge like? TWO WORDS...

1) VIEW... WOW.

2) SMALL... set out like your living room with slightly more seats, it's way too small for the likely numbers, only about 30 seats. The food area is similarly microscopic and there's really not enough space. Not at all!

Hows the evening food? Hot was take-it-or-leave-it with a single cake selection as dessert. The cheeses choices were wider and all was slowly replenished. Pretty minimal really.

Any free alcohol? Not a drop, you can order a can of beer from the staff at $10/can. Bearing in mind a full 20 oz draft is avalable in the bar for only $10, the small can makes no sense.

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Breakfast 6:30-9:30. Evening food 5:30-7:30. Closes midnight. This place is really doing the minimum possible in the smallest room possible.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Unsurprisingly bearing in mind this hotels evident policy to do the minimum with the the lounge, they close completely for the weekend, but at least don't have an exemption form breakfast (yet!). Replacement is full breakfast in the restaurant which is fine.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Strangely on Friday morning they closed the lounge and instead issued vouchers for the restaurant, I suspect because the tiny lounge, already struggling with its evening service as the hotel was full, would have been completely overwhelmed at breakfast. Solid full breakfast offering though. However this means I can't comment on the standard lounge offering though I'm given to believe it's fairly limited, OK for a morning fill-up, no more.

Upgrades? No - well, no but yes. I booked a family suite, supposedly only available on floors 5-9, but ended up in floor 14. Great view, really great view!

Comments...   There's much to say for this hotel generally but as this is a review of lounges the outcome must reflect the lounge facilities and policies. Basic policy is strictly "elite plus one" enforced via a card given to the elite member on checkin and policed by showing the card on entry, any more than the one extra is refused, No alcohol, closed on weekends, elite plus one only, only one hot and one dessert choice. Sorry guys, but you're doing the minimum, and it shows... But then again, the view, wow, that view!!! No other Exec lounge has a view even remotely like this one and I have to forgive all the rest, so arrive early and you'll get a seat in an exec lounge with one of the best views in the world!

image.jpg

Yes, folks, that is the view from the Niagara Falllsview lounge!

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Marriott Fallsview Niagara and (thanks only to its view) its Fabulous

Outcomes