vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Ottawa Marriott

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Ottawa Marriott

And what's the lounge like? Nicely done, large no overcrowding here, on the 26th floor with wonderful views of Parliament and Gatineau

Hows the evening food? , Hot was simply mini Hamburgers, not replenished when they ran out. Cold selection was limited and much picked over by the time I arrived at 7pm. Sweets were nice and a good assortment. Overall though food was pretty uninspiring.

Any free alcohol? Not a drop, there was a fairly wide ranging honesty bar at full bar prices. in fact before 6pm the hotel bar is cheaper!

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Breakfast 6:30-9:30. Evening food 5:30-7:30, desserts 7:30-9:30. These minimal hours are pretty strictly adhered to. Open for soft drinks and coffee machine 24/7.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? I'm afraid they are, just soft drinks and the coffee machine weekend nights. It is open for breakfast though.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Once again, it's a pretty minimal offering, scrambled eggs, sliced bread, a couple of cereals, some fruit and a couple of cold meats. The lounge breakfast here pales by comparison to most other lounges I've been to.

Upgrades? Not really, though that's due to the design of the hotel. All rooms are a good size by European standards, and all are the same size.

Comments... Scanty evening offerings and little breakfast choice, with no evening service at weekends, it would seem this hotel is doing the minimum. The only plus is its size and views.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Ottawa Marriott and its OK

Outcomes