vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Edinburgh Marriott

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 16, 2017

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Edinburgh Marriott

And what's the lounge like? Ground floor and a nice size, moderately busy, never overcrowded.

Hows the evening food? A couple of very tasty hot dishes, cheeses and very excellent desserts. Yes, one of the better food selections... UPDATE on June 10th, I'm now on my second night of a 2-night stay here... Food is really good, Chicken Tikka Masala yesterday and Haggis 'n Mash tonight, followed up by profiteroles yesterday and an utterly delicious Raspberry Cranacan (mousse topped with Oats)

Any free alcohol? Yes. A fridge filled with bottled Heineken and Becks and 3 bottles of wine on the counter, regularly replenished. Help yourself! Don't mind if I do, hic!

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Evening service 18:00-20:00. Though short, the staff don't hurry to close and offer everyone a last glass. Open for soft drinks, snacks and coffee machine 6am-midnight.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Nope, nice people, breakfast and evening offerings 7 days/week here!

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? What a good idea, I'm feeling a bit peckish. A good selection of breakfast items, both hot and cold, toast made on request. On quiet weekends breakfast is full scottish in the restaurant.

Upgrades? Not this time, though I did book a double-double, and they are difficult to upgrade. UPDATE June 10th: Booked cheapest double and upgraded to an Exec King.

Comments... This one ticks all the boxes, nice size, good breakfast, 2 hours of free booze, good evening offerings with and open 7 days. This is a downside-free zone.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at Edinburgh Marriott and its Fabulous

Outcomes