vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Cardiff Marriott

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 15, 2017
Latest reply on May 4, 2018 by moonflower

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ...................................Cardiff Marriott

And what's the lounge like? Nicely done, no overcrowding here, on the eighth floor with a enough seating, I've never seen any overcrowding here.

image.jpeg

Hows the evening food? This is very good on the food offerings with breakfast, afternoon tea as well as evening offerings. Evening food is a wide choice of cold dishes, 2 hots and 2 desserts, replenished when required. It's a good spread.

Any free alcohol? Yes. Plenty of bottled beer and cider in the fridge with red, rose and white wine also on offer. Long hours too, 17:30-21:30. Help yourself! Don't mind if I do, hic!

Whats the hours? Breakfast, afternoon and evening. Open for soft drinks and coffee machine 6am to midnight. See below for service hours:

image.jpeg

I see Afternoon Tea. Whats that like? Definitely not worth waiting in for! 9 small finger cakes left out at the end of the lounge. Make your own tea at the machine. The cakes are tasty though

image.jpeg

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Absolutely not, open 7 days per week, nice people.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? It's a good breakfast with small hot selection of bacon and scrambled egg and wide selection of continental options, sliced bread, cereals, and bakery items. The lounge breakfast here is above average, a good morning fill-up.

Upgrades? I've stayed here several times and always been upgraded to an exec room, though I suspect they're the same as the standard rooms, just on the 8th or 9th floor. Theyre a good size though.

Comments... Morning, afternoon and evening offerings with 7-day per week food and 4 hours of free beer/wine daily make this a very strong lounge indeed.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Cardiff Marriott and its Fabulous

Outcomes