vaboywnder

Lounge Review: Leicester Marriott

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Apr 15, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 by brightlybob

Contributed by brightlybob

Where are you, Bob? ....................................Leicester Marriott

And what's the lounge like? Nicely done, no overcrowding here, on the first floor with a dozen tables.

Hows the evening food? Not too bad on the hot plates, mini pizza slices and a satay chicken skewers, but the cold is uninspiring.

Any free alcohol? Yes. Plenty of iced Stella with a bottle of red and white, Help yourself! Don't mind if I do, hic!

Whats the hours? Breakfast and evening, Evening service 5:30-7:30. These minimal hours are pretty strictly adhered to. Open for soft drinks and coffee machine 24/7.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? I'm afraid they are, just soft drinks, coffee machine, shortbread and nuts at the weekend.

How about Gold/Plat breakfast? Once again, it's a pretty minimal offering, sausages/bacon and scrambled eggs, sliced bread, a couple of cereals, some fruit and a couple of cold meats. The lounge breakfast here pales by comparison to every other lounge I've been to. Weekend breakfast is however full buffet in the restaurant, and that's excellent.

Upgrades? Not really, though that's due to the design of the hotel. All rooms are very big by European standards, and all are the same size. The supposedly executive rooms have a dressing gown!

Comments... Scanty evening offerings and little breakfast choice, with no service at weekends, it would seem this hotel is doing the minimum. The only ray of sunshine is the free beer and wine, it's a pity it's only a couple of hours, even so, the free booze manages to lift it above the bottom grade.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Leicester Marriott and its OK

Outcomes