pluto77

Need Sightseeing/Itinerary Suggestions for Ireland

Discussion created by pluto77 on Apr 3, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 by nmballoonist

Greetings fellow Marriott/SPG travelers and Insiders.

We are set to visit Ireland in late May/early June and need help with our itinerary.  We're flying in/out of Dublin, tickets already purchased, and we only have 10 nights.  I am having a difficult time convincing the group that quality trumps quantity in Ireland.

We are interested in:

All of it, ha!  I'll be back, the beloved step-mother and her sister won't (age).  This is their one shot.  And silly old Auntie (and I'm not joking) truly only cares about one thing: kissing the Blarney Stone (to wit).  So, because of this, and if I can convince the pair that less is more (and wish me luck with that    ), I would say that it would be best to take on the southern half, rather than the northern offerings.  We probably should've booked airfare open jaw, but alas, it is what it is.

So,

Dublin, Powerscourt, Wicklow Mtns and waterfalls, Glendalough, Kilkenny, Cork, Blarney (groan), Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher and Galway.  Already the list is way too much for 10 days.

Oh, we are (descended of) Irish.  My great-grandfather and his siblings were born there.  My step-Mom is Irish also (maiden name Murphy.)  The focus is merely to go and see the land, history and culture of our forbears.  Any thoughts or insights on a smart itinerary would be greatly appreciated.  Also, any items of interest that you found remarkable and memorable, anything, also to include pubs, restaurants and lodging.  I can then pitch it all to MY ''Greater Team.'

Thanks!

Outcomes