droma

Review: My $1,800 a Night Room at St. Regis Deer Valley

Discussion created by droma on Mar 25, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2017 by droma

Long overdue in reviewing this amazing property.  My couple of stays in the first few months of this year have happened to be at Starwood properties (Marriott will be picking up in the next couple of months), but the benefits I've enjoyed by linking my account with Starwood have been incredible.  My first Starwood stay this year was an excellent stay in the Westin Dublin, but I'm not sure I'll ever have anything top my stay at the St. Regis Deer Valley.

I was booked in a standard room through work (which was incredible enough at this ski in ski out resort), but upon checking in told I was upgraded to a 1-Bedroom Suite.  I was very happy with this, but didn't realize exactly how exquisite it was until I walked into my room and 10 minutes later had a knock at my door, where the butler asked if they could show me around the room and if I needed anything...leaving their personal business card behind.  After seeing the room and this service, I needed to google how much this upgraded room was worth (which I could never bring myself to shell out my personal money for a standard room here, let alone the upgrade if it wasn't from being Platinum), and I saw the going rates at the weekdays and month I was there were averaging $1,800 for this particular room!!!  I couldn't even fathom it, but was so fortunate and excited to have the experience for 3 nights.

Let's try attaching video right from phone!

Message was edited by: DRoma

Outcomes