platpboy4ever

Category 8 & 9 Frivolity

Discussion created by platpboy4ever on Mar 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2018 by austinguy

So just for fun, what is your favorite property, either Cat 8 or 9?  Which are on your wishlist?  Which are overrated or do you feel are completely unworthy of such high standing?

I've really enjoyed the Mayflower Hotel in DC as it is well situated in NW DC,  and I've always gotten a suite upgrade there. The BeachPlace Towers in Ft Lauderdale is a VC, has decent villas (875 sq ft) overlooking the ocean or intracoastal, but you're mainly paying for location, plus it isn't true beachfront (you have to walk across street to get to the beach).  Residence Inn Beverly Hills is a run-of-the-mill RI, again you are paying for location. The Custom House Boston has fine elite recognition & has given suite upgrades on occasion.  Renaissance Pere Marquette & Renaissance Arts, both in New Orleans have had excellent elite recognition and exemplary service too!

I Have an upcoming stay at The Saint Key West for my birthday, so I have high hopes.

My short wishlist would be:

Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire

JW Marco Island

Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island

JW Scottsdale Camelback Inn

Playa Largo, Key Largo

One property that definitely doesn't make the mark is the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a few miles south of Ft Lauderdale.  Although it is a prime location on a boardwalk with the beach on the other side, the rooms are extremely dated. They've been promising renovations for 2 years but I'll believe it when I see it!

Outcomes