curiousone

Wonderful San Diego Pulse Stay

Discussion created by curiousone on Mar 19, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by shawng317

Just finished a Friday/Saturday stay at the San Diego Pulse (MVCI). This was our second stay, the first was last July after they had been open 2 weeks. This facility is turning into a top notch property with a very friendly/helpful staff. I am not sure why, but I initially booked only Saturday night and then booked Friday night at the Marriott Gas Lamp on points. When I finally realized I did not want to be changing hotels on Saturday the Pulse was booked solid. I put in a standby request for Friday that was finally fulfilled a week before my trip. My Saturday reservation was for a King and the Friday was for two Doubles. I called the Pulse to see if the 2 rooms would be the same room both nights and was advised they were unable to do it, they would keep trying. The day before my trip I received a call that they were not able to make it one room and I would have to check out by 11AM Saturday and then check into my new room, hopefully before the normal 4 PM check-in. Janet at the front desk tried again at check-in but was unable to combine the rooms.

Friday afternoon we had a pleasant time talking with Tommy at the Concierge desk about the local area. Friday night we had a pleasant time chatting with Chris at the bar. Friday night was a wonderful dinner at Boun Appatio (Found this in July) after walking to Little Italy.San_-San

Saturday morning, before checkout, we went to a CVS to pick-up some cough/decongestant medicine since I am working off a cold with sinus infection. As we were walking through the lobby Janet noticed the medicine and asked if one of us was sick. My wife explained my condition and we went back up to our room to prepare for check-out. When we did our checkout they checked rooms and were able to immediately book us into our King room, 4 floors higher, with a better view. The King room is definitely larger than the 2 doubles. While we were getting settled in to the new room there was a knock at our door and Janet was there with a hot cup of chicken tortilla soup and a Get Well card signed by 5 of the staff.

The first time we stayed we flew into San Diego and took Uber to the Pulse. This time we drove to San Diego, so we had to park our car. The Pulse daily rate is $35 for self-park/$40 valet. I was driving a 4 door mid-sized car and surprised at how tight the parking structure was. The first 7 floors is just a tight winding spiral and 8 – 11 is parking. The Pulse parking is on the 11th floor, so it is a long drive in/out of the parking. Future trips will not involve driving to San Diego.

At first it appears the Pulse is not very well located, but after 2 visits I think it is very well located. Equidistant to Little Italy and the Gas Lamp with easy access to freeways, once you check Google maps.

Great location, great property, awesome staff, I definitely recommend the San Diego Pulse.

Outcomes