frogprince

Poor management of 2017 Megabonus

Discussion created by frogprince on Mar 15, 2017
Latest reply on May 2, 2017 by j&c

Dear Marriott,

I am a Platinum Premier member this year and have been trying to stay loyal to Marriott as much as I can.

However, the recent management of 2017 Megabonus has got me disappointed. Extremely disappointed.

Previously we use to get emails on the megabonus offer and requesting us to go online for registration. Well...I did not receive any notification for the 2017 Megabonus this time and only recently login to find out why.

I noticed there is a Megabonus ongoing and require to register by 15 March but wasn't able to register myself online. I have to call the Customer Service from overseas as I am currently travelling which means unnecessary additional cost to me. Upon calling the Customer Service, they registered for me and only then I knew about the double points for first 3 stays. This is definitely not good as two of my first 3 stays consist of only one night. If I had known this earlier, I would have been able to plan my stay in Marriott better and maximise the benefit accorded to its members.

I feel that Marriott is not sincere in this case. And why would Marriott require us to register for the hidden promotion when it can actually pre-registered for all its members? And next week I have a 10 days stay in Rennaisance. Should I skip?

Best Regards

Global Traveller

Outcomes