lapalo

RewardsPlus Trouble

Discussion created by lapalo on Mar 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 by uatraveler1k

Hi,

For the last couple days I have been trying to transfer United Mileage Plus miles to my Marriott Rewards account.

1. First attempt: Error: Either you are using an invalid United Mileage Plus account number or you are using an invalid Marriott Rewards number. Please contact United Mileage Customer Service.
    1. I contact them, and the person I get doesn't even know you can do the above process. They talk to a supervisor, and that supervisor didn't know this either. It was late at night, so, maybe I got the folks who never get told anything? Anyway, they transferred me to Web Services help desk. After troubleshooting for all of 2 mins, they said they would log a ticket. Yup, that means black hole for me and my issue.
  2. I attempt to go to do the same process and get "There was an error processing your transaction". I get on the phone with United Mileage again, and again, I get transferred to web support. At which time she goes to investigate, and leaves me on hold and never comes back. I waited for 30mins before hanging up.

RewardsPlusIssue2.png

3. I attempt to go to the mrrewardsplus.com page. I figure, I'll check and see that the 2 accounts are connected. I get an error 504.

RewardsPlusIssue3.png

4. I call United Mileage one more time to ask them if they will just do the process for me. Their answer: you have to do it from the web site. I WOULD LOVE TOO!

I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT MARRIOTT AND UNITED CLAIM I CAN DO. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Outcomes