AnsweredAssumed Answered

Travel company posing as Marriott in telemarketing scam

Question asked by v3 on Mar 8, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 by carat

Has anyone else been receiving these calls?  I keep getting them on my cell phone and the recording usually starts out posing as Marriott though I have also received the same style recordings posing as Priceline, Expedia, even United Airlines.

The caller ID will usually show a local number - this is because the caller is using hacked cell phones to munge the caller-ID into showing up as a local call.  The "Travel Agency" is actually a group calling themselves Holiday Sands International out of Cancun Mexico.  Their website is holidaysandsinternational dot com and they game me a number of 1-800-982-7431een

This has been going on for several months now and the complaints are really starting to pile up and Holiday Sands International is rally giving Marriott a black-eye online because of all the illegal telemarketing.

I uploaded a recording of the call at www.goodnerd.com/audiofiles/holidaysands1-marriott.WMA

Sorry about the voiceover saying AVS Media DEMO - I was using a 30 trial version to cut down the audio file

Outcomes