mustanggt

The Liberty- Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel

Discussion created by mustanggt on Mar 1, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 by iahflyr

I recently stayed at The Liberty Hotel, part of the Starwood Luxury Collection, located at the foot of Beacon Hill in Boston.  From the moment I first arrived I knew this was going to be a special property.

The Liberty is actually the former Charles Street jail which has had a high rise tower attached on one side.  When you walk into the hotel from the street level your eyes are immediately drawn to the nearly 100 foot high rotunda which defines the two level lobby.  On the lower lobby level is Scampo, a refined yet casual Italian restaurant.  Also on this level is Alibi, a huge bar and lounge.  Ride the escalator up to the second level and you will find the front desk, a lobby bar and seating area, and a second great restaurant, Clink, which is an American style casual eatery.

Surrounding the two story lobby are three balconies levels.  The first balcony level, the Catwalk, is reserved for hotel guests only and has full wait service for drinks and appetizers.  The bonus about being on this balcony is that you can see everything that is going on in the main lobby, people watching at its best!

Being a Marriott LTP and PP I was curious to see what sort of greeting I would receive upon check in.  I was thanked for my business and loyalty to Marriott, and was given an upgrade without asking.  The front desk personnel made me feel welcome and insisted that I should let them know if there was anything else they could do for me during my stay. 

After having a drink at the lobby bar, we went to dinner at Clink.  Little did we know what we were in store for after dinner.  After we finished dining we went up to the balcony level, the Catwalk, for an after dinner drink.  As we were up there we noticed that the lobby began filling with people, the lighting began to change, and music started to fill the entire area.  Then to our amazement, a full blown modeling show started.  There were six models that proceeded around the Catwalk and down to the lobby where they stopped to pose on various platforms.  The show last for about an hour, with each model doing three costume changes. 

At the end of the evening I stopped by the front desk to comment on the awesome entertainment.  I was told that with only a few exceptions there is a fashion show every Thursday evening.  I was also told that on Friday and Saturday evenings they host a DJ in the main lobby who plays top 50 music.

If you are looking for a truly unique hotel with a distinctively high energy vibe, stay at The Liberty on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening while in Boston.  On these evenings this is quickly becoming the place to be and be seen in Boston.

Outcomes