brightlybob

Back in the USA - always a pleasure!

Discussion created by brightlybob on Feb 27, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2017 by razorbackfan

I landed at Orlando yesterday to a beautiful shorts-and-Hawaiian-shirts evening! Ah, it's good to be back, guys

IMG_1589.PNG

This is a trip with my autistic 17-year old son and my ex (yep, my wife is very understanding) to regale him with the wonderland that is Florida in winter.

The plan is 3-nights in a 2-bedroom suite at the Holiday Inn across from Universal.

IMG_1590.JPG

It's walking distance to the Universal parks and we've hit them today and will be hitting them Tuesday and Wednesday too.

Universal will be followed by 6 nights in Disney at the All-Star Music Resort.

IMG_1592.JPG

We have the pre-Brexit free dining plan, which does remove some of the concerns regarding our ever shrinking currency. Our plan is Magic Kingdom on Thursday, Epcot on Friday, Hollywood Studios for Saturday and Animal Kingdom for Sunday. The last 2 days will be revisiting favourites.

Finally on Tuesday evening we move onto the Orlando Convention centre Residence Inn.

IMG_1591.JPG

It is actually closer to the tourist Mecca of International Drive and Pointe Orlando, The Orlando eye and WonderWorks than the convention centre. Here again its a 2-bedroom suite as we explore the International Drive attractions

Now, you will all by now have observed the singular lack of lounges, how am I going to do without them? Well, looking positively, it is at least one thing  less to review/whinge about - although there is the Residence Inn Mix...

All this gives me warm fuzzy feelings to be back, well maybe not fuzzy, but certainly lido (outdoor swimming pool) warm, England doesn't have hotels with outdoor pools, but apparently does have hailstones right now...

Outcomes