chazdonna

Detroit - Courtyard Marriott - Not recommended

Discussion created by chazdonna on Feb 12, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2017 by peymanagement

There is an annual event in Detroit that my wife and I attend.  Even though we live near Detroit, we usually stay at the Marriott Renaissance on the river and have a weekend mini vacation.  This year we stayed across the street at the Courtyard Marriott. While the room was nice, the day personnel were the rudest I have ever met at a Marriott. At 930 a.m. house keeping started banging on door asking if we were leaving soon so they could clean the room.  As we were not up yet (late night) I was not happy being awoken this way.  I called the front desk to complain and spoke to a (?) whose response was "Well, check out time is 11" as if us still being in our room @ 930 was an inconvenience to them.  I am hoping that this is just an isolated incident and not the preview of how customer service will be after the merger.

Overall, next year we will not be staying at the courtyard and I would not recommend staying there.  Spend the extra to stay at the RenCen or go to the Hilton Gardens down the road.

Outcomes