AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone else disappointed?

Question asked by saturdayman on Feb 10, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 by saturdayman

I am Platinum Lifetime and have been in the program for 33 years.  For years I used points for our family vacations to resorts such as Bermuda, Barbados, England, Cancun, Aruba, Maui, and more.  For the past several years we have been going on cruises (first using Marriott points until they doubled the required points) and then just paying.    I have been checking into us going to one of the resorts this time instead of a cruise.  I am very disappointed, however, because in looking into this I notice that now you have to not only use a  lot of points but also have to spend even MORE points to upgrade (whereas for all those years I would just book a standard room and get upgraded) PLUS in a lot of cases pay a high fee to park at the resort AND pay a resort fee of up to $50.00 per day for things we aren't even interested in.  My question is, do any of you out there just book a standard or non-ocean view room and just take your chances on getting upgraded or do you feel the need to use extra points or cash (the cash part would be impractical for me due to the amount of points I have accumulated) and hope for the best?   

Outcomes