AnsweredAssumed Answered

PLEASE HELP - How can I get a copy of my Marriott hotel receipt without waiting a MONTH?!?!?

Question asked by bluesnews on Jan 16, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 by matthank

I just want my hotel receipt, anyone, please give me ideas.

Two days after my visit, I called the hotel.  The hotel asked me to call Marriott Customer Care at 1-800-466-8068.  I called customer care, I gave them my stay information, they told me I had to wait 72 hours, no exceptions.  I waited two more days.  I called Customer Care, they told me it may take a week for the charges to post if I was with a conference.  I wasn't sure if my company charged to the conference or not.  Asked them to check to see if the charge has been posted to their system (I don't even know what that means), I spent a long time on the phone giving my personal information and information about the stay, finally the guy said I had to give him... THE EXACT AMOUNT CHARGED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, DOWN TO EXACT CENT, or Marriott cannot give me a copy of my receipt.  So now I have to wait a week and call back again, but because I used a company credit card, I don't have ready access to the charges until I get a paper billing statement at the end of the month.  This means I cannot get a hotel receipt until the end of the month when I get a paper copy of my credit card statement from my company's account.  Which means the company is going to charge me for this transaction because I haven't filed my expenses in time (within seven days).

ARRRRFHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!

CAN ANYONE HELP?  How can I get a copy of a Marriott hotel receipt without waiting a month?  Why is it this difficult?

Outcomes