homoviator

Renaissance and Courtyard in Bangkok-fantastic

Discussion created by homoviator on Jan 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 by lukiekwan

I just got back from a few weeks in Thailand. The trip was bookended with stays in Bangkok.  On our way in we stayed at the Renaissance and everybody loved it! The food in the executive lounge was great in the morning (we arrived too late at night to enjoy anything else).  It was a great welcome to the city.  We felt like we were in the middle of everything without being overwhelmed. 

My even bigger surprise was on our way out of the country we stayed at the Courtyard practically next door to the Ren.  The Courtyard had an awesome executive lounge on the 15th floor looking out onto the city.  The rooms were more like those you'd fine at a Ren.  To be sure, the rooms were nicer than most Marriotts I've stayed in in the US: fresh and contemporary.  We were really digging it.   The Courtyard had a complementary Tuk-Tuk that drove us to local destinations.  It was fun, but didn't really go very far, but my daughter will probably remember the ride forever.  Overall, the service was amazing at every turn.  Our biggest regret was that we didn't have more time there.

Outcomes