iahflyr

Thankful for Some Recent Travel Improvements

Discussion created by iahflyr on Nov 26, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 by iahflyr

Loyalty Lobby often contains some interesting tidbits such as this item I found today.

Fabulous Fridays: 10 Travel-Related Changes To Be Thankful For | LoyaltyLobby

For the most part I'd have to agree that traveling on planes has improved as far as food options in Premium cabins as well as Airline Clubs also being updated, higher end food and drink options.  Whether we see it much or not airlines and airport operators have started to make improvement in how getting us through the TSA juggernaut easier and seldom do you need to interact with an agent at a ticket counter with thousands of kiosks to print your boarding pass if you choose not to have it on your smart phone.

We have new airplanes arriving with better cabin pressures and humidity that will leave you more refreshed after a long haul flight.  We are now able to book reward travel from home or an app that keeps us from waiting on the phone while an agent searches for just the right routing.

However; Club membership rates continue to rise which makes me seriously look at their value especially when you consider AMEX Platinum cards and the ability to gain access to their new Centurion Lounges as well as Priority Pass that has many Clubs to offer.

Anyway, I found the article to be positive and brings out some travel things to be thankful for over this holiday weekend.

Outcomes