mrhine

Marriott North Fort Lauderdale

Discussion created by mrhine on Sep 29, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 by carat

I have stayed at this Marriott many times.  The hotel has undergone a modern renovation and is comfortable.  I checked in on Wednesday night and was told that their cable was down so no tv.  Not a big deal because I had some work to get done.  I asked about the internet and was assured that it was working fine.  After getting to my room and getting started on work, the internet stopped working.  I have had the same issue at this hotel before.  I called down to the front desk and was told it must be me as no one else was experiencing an issue.  I was connected with IT suport and 45 minutes later, I still did not have internet.  I called and asked to be moved to another hotel as I had some work that needed to be complted.  While the manager on duty did arrange for a room at the Westin, he never apologized for the 45 minutes plus I wasted.  As an elite Marriott member, I stay in a lot of Marriott properties every year and at a minimum expect basic services.  I will think twice about booking a room at this hotel again.

Outcomes