AnsweredAssumed Answered

Eights Brands in One Month ????

Question asked by painedplatinum on Sep 2, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by ne_traveling_man

I didn't set out for it, but it appears that September of '16 will see me in eight Marriott Brands.

I just finished up five nights in New York City. Pricing in NYC right now is insane. It starts high and gets higher. I am trying to master the long term planning and price searching for this crazy city. The Lexington, an Autograph Collection property, will toss out a nice Long Term Stay rate every blue moon. The Lex was my choice for this past week.

Next up will be a three day weekend in our nation's capital. Actually, just outside. Mrs. Pained chose the weekend and the hotel(s). She wanted to go back to National Harbor just outside D.C. in Maryland. She found single night pricing at the AC and Gaylord. We've stayed in an AC property before but this will be the first Gaylord.

To continue the run, Courtyard in Clifton Park, NY...Springhill Suites Aberdeen, Md..then the big JW Houston Downtown at the special TIPPLE rate. I've been trying to use the TIPPLE rate on other stays, but it always comes up as "unavailable".

The seventh and eighth brands?   Renaissance Portsmouth, VA and the Fairfield Inn & Suites NY Manhattan/Financial District...

Every time I look at these things, I say to myself "this must be some kind of Marriott record"...only to find it's not even close. So, share the most brands that you've stayed in a single month and let's see if eight will hold up.

PS...I'm scheduled to do one night in an IHG property also

Outcomes