AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ever been called by sales rep because you made 4 reservations?

Question asked by chukker on Aug 23, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 by missgee

Frequent traveler and major fan of Marriott properties.  I made three or four reservations for 2 night stays at the same Courtyard in Denver for early next year.  First reservation is for Jan 2017; and then again for the next 4 months.  The early bird gets the best rates, right?

But I was a little concerned to find my wife was just called at home by a person who wanted to know why I was coming, for whom did I work, and so on.  The phone number listed the call as coming from the Park Meadows Courtyard Marriott, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything anymore with the way phones can be hacked these days.

Am I being paranoid or is this a valid business model to increase sales?  All it did was spook my wife.  When I asked if she knew who she talked to, she was embarrassed to say, "no".  I called the Courtyard/Residence Inn desk (they share, evidently) and no one could explain who or why we had been called.  Needless to say, I'm a little bit put off.  I updated my profile so that my office number gets the call instead of my home phone but where do you suppose this is headed?

dd

Outcomes