AnsweredAssumed Answered

JW Marriott or Courtyard in Washington DC?

Question asked by bunkerkiing on Jun 28, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 by agbcpa

My wife and I are traveling to Washington DC this fall and torn between these two hotels.  This will be a completely personal trip, but fairly short (fly in Thursday night and fly out Monday night).  I thought about staying in Bethesda and taking the train in, but wanted to save as much time as possible, so we are torn between the below two locations.

JW Marriott Washington, DC

1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington,  District Of Columbia  20004  US

Courtyard Washington Convention Center

900 F Street, NW
Washington,  District Of Columbia  20004  US

I will be using points for either location, but may have to buy around 10,000 points for the JW as I'm currently short that many.  I have the Marriott rewards card, so I can earn points that way as well and may not have to buy any extra.  Having stayed at multiple Marriott locations, I'm very familiar with Courtyards, TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, and the Residence Inn.   I'm OK with the Courtyard, as that is probably my favorite property when traveling.  Having never stayed at a JW, is it worth the extra 5,000 points a night?  I'm not sure what the differences are other than it's a higher end property.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Extra information: 

The JW is 40,000 points/night

The Courtyard is 35,000 points/night

We are trying to get tickets to the White House, as well as other government buildings through out local State Senator and plan on visiting many other museums including the Smithsonian, the National Monument and other nearby attractions.  We may even do the hop-on hop-off bus.  Just sharing in case one has a better location than the other as well.ar

Outcomes