AnsweredAssumed Answered

Booking thru a third party

Question asked by coupons on Jun 12, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 by erc

I came across the following posting on unofficial Marriott FB:

"We just spent a week in Orlando at Imperial Palms. On the way back we needed two motel rooms for Friday night in New Orleans. My first move is to search the Marriott website for a deal. We wanted walking distance to the French Quarter. Courtyard was listed for $319 a night, New Orleans Marriott on Canal Street was $219 a night. I went on Priceline and found a 3 1/2 star hotel in the French Quarter for $100 a night...too good to pass up, booked it and found it was the New Orleans Marriott. Total bill for two rooms with tax and parking was $246. Don't buy the line that the Marriott website gives you the lowest price guarantee. Small print excludes third parties like Priceline. Why don't they just offer owners good rates like this on the site?"  The person is a Vacation Club owner and has over a half million Rewards Points. Marriott would not match this rate but when he checked in he was given an upgrade because he is Marriott Gold Elite

Curious as to the moderators thoughts and looking forward to hearing from other MRI as to their experiences

Thanks for reading

Outcomes