AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pet fees or or an easy way to make money?

Question asked by mofugr on Mar 11, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 by wesleywc

Can't hotels charge a "pet fee" only if there is any damage caused by the pet?  I have show dogs and travel to events all over the Southeastern United States.  Pet fees can range from $75.00 and up and are classified as a "sanitation fee" or "cleaning fee".  Basically I think this is a revenue generator.  My dogs are mature and don't do anything different in a hotel room than they do in their home.  I can understand that not all dogs are like this, however shouldn't it be handled on a case by case basis?  One General Manager when questioned about the charge told me that upon checkout, each room is completely sanitized, including steam cleaning of the carpet and drapes.  Not sure what she was smoking at the time but I know with 100% certainty that it doesn't happen.  It's hard enough to find a decent hotel that takes animals, and to then have to pay extra doesn't seem right.  There is at least one chain of hotels that I am aware of that doesn't charge any pet fee and the only reason I don't stay there is because I can't use my points so in the long run, even with the pet fee it is more affordable at Marriott.  Just frustrated I guess.

Outcomes