AnsweredAssumed Answered

Will other Marriott properties follow suit?

Question asked by insidenji on Feb 17, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 by iahflyr

I just returned from a three night stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Crystal City.  I always enjoy this hotel and it has one of my favorite lounges but what I found out makes it stellar.  Sunday evening I went to the lounge and Elizabeth greeted me in her usual friendly manner.  The offerings that night included tabouli salad, pita wedges, cheese cubes, Moroccan chicken wings, tzatziki, a yummy chocolate cake and cookies.

I had my usual two glasses of wine and I saw the Honor Bar sign near the wine but no slips to fill out the amount of wine consumed. When I was ready to leave I asked Elizabeth where the honor bar slips were and she said the alcohol was free now!!!!!!  Free; as in no charge, gratis, complimentary, costless, on the house, freebies, a hand out. Get my drift?  I was pleased.  Same thing Monday evening so it wasn’t just a one night fluke.  And I didn’t make a pig out of myself but rather had my usual two glasses of wine; heck I could’ve consumed a whole bottle; maybe next time!

Has anyone else seen this? I sure hope it is a sign of things to come at other Marriott lounges.

Outcomes