thriftyscrooge

Need Help with first time European Vacation

Discussion created by thriftyscrooge on Feb 2, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 by phctourist

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've scoured the forums reading several threads that have proved invaluable, and wanted some "expert" opinion on a multi-city European trip I'm planning to take this May with my wife and toddler. I'm a Platinum elite and plan on using MR points for stays everywhere.

Given that I've never been to Europe, we wanted to spend about 8-10 days in 3-4 different locations to get a sampling of what I'd like to come back for.

My wife and I are considering:

- 5 nights in London (London Marriott Hotel County Hall)

- train to Brussels

- 2 nights in Brussels (Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place)

- train to Amsterdam

- 3 nights in Amsterdam (Amsterdam Marriott Hotel)

I prefer hotels that offer a concierge lounge that is complimentary for Platinums, since it helps with the kid!

The questions are whether we can do enough "basic" sightseeing with our baby in tow, and if we are spending too much or too little time in any one place or in transit. Also, hotel recommendations are GREATLY APPRECIATED~! London and Zurich in particular, since AMS and BRU dont have too many options.

I'm considering the JW Marriiott (Grosvenor House?) in London as well, along with the other couple of hotels in that vicinity, but all the threads I've read on London seemed to indicate County Hall as being the most convenient.

TIA, and I look forward to hearing from my fellor Rewards Insiders!lon

Outcomes