lakeshore

Hawaii help!

Discussion created by lakeshore on Jan 29, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by kharada46

Hello!

TIckets are booked, and it is official...we are going to Hawaii! Now I need some help!  

We are a family of five...we have boys, ages 14, 12, and 6. My oldest loves to surf. My second loves to body surf and make cool sand creations. My little guy likes to boogie board(as much as a six year old can), loves to play in the sand and also loves fun swimming pools(with slides and waterfalls). All boys like fun hikes And snorkling, too. Very active boys. 

Two Thanksgivings ago we went to Kauai, and had an awesome time. Stayed at the Marriott beach club in Lihue, and also the Marriott Waiohai. Loved both. Hubby likes to relax on the beach. I like it all. We all had fun snorkling. We also like good food. The location in Lihue with Duke's next door was fantastic!

So, we are flying into HNL, but we are willing to island hop. We have 9 total nights together(my six year old and I actually are going five nights early, due to my older kids' track meets,and also some SWUs we had to use on American before they expired(lucky us!  ).He and I will most likely stay in KoOlina those five nights before the others arrive).

Hubby and I have been to Oahu in the past. Marriott Waikiki and JW KoOlina...we had fun at both. But that was before kids. Vacation clubs seem to suit our family well now. But,  think my older boys will get bored at KoOlina, since it is just the lagoons. And we will have to drive for surfing to Waikiki, which I am not crazy about. I like being able to just walk up the beach from the hotel to let the kids surf. I know our two oldest would love some time on Waikiki, but the reviews of the Marriott haven't been the greatest on tripadvisor. It was great when we were there almost 15 years ago. We were even upgraded to a beautiful suite. I am going to email them and see if we could work something out for our family. Have any of you stayed there recently? I know they just recently upgraded their lobby, which sounds beautiful, but not the rooms.

And, I would love to get over to Maui for some of our time(but not necessarily a necessity). However, the Marriott Maui Ocean Beach Club on Kaanapali  isn't available using points-only the Ritz and the Wailea Marriott( which is under construction). So I am not sure. I could always look on Redweek to rent a vacation club unit. But is there surfing on Kaanapali?

Is 9 nights too little time to do two islands? Should we just stay on Oahu? Any recommendations? Help!  

Thank you so much!

Lakeshore

Outcomes