AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quebec City and Montreal Questions

Question asked by razorbackfan on Jan 17, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2017 by marvelmed

We are just beginning to consider a trip to the Montreal/Quebec City area in the future and I am interested in gathering information from fellow MI who are familiar with the area.  Of course, I need recommendations on hotels and restaurants, but I would also like to get suggestions on interesting places to visit and things to do.  What time of the year would you suggest going?  How long would you stay?  Did you rent a car?  Where did you fly to? (We are thinking about using a BOGO airline ticket that only covers the continental US, so we would need a destination within the US near this area where it would be easy to continue the journey into Canada.)  All suggestions are welcome.

Also, I'm directing this part of the questions to my fellow cyclists.  Have you ever cycled on the Route Verte?  For those unfamiliar with this bike trail, it is called the most extensive biking trails in North America and passes right through downtown Montreal.  It covers 3100 miles of paths, shared roadways, and paved shoulders in Quebec according to the Fodor's Travel Guide.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes