Heading to Italy in February

Discussion created by 7 on Jan 16, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 by 7

It's cold and snowy here in Latvia, so for my kid's ski break we decided to get away. Looking at cheap flights we settled on flying to/from Milan (Bergamo). It's not warm, but it's warmer than here.

From there we will do sort of a triangle by train Milan > Florence > Venice > Milan.

The first night in Milan we are just staying in a cheaper non-Marriott near Milano Centrale since we'll be arriving in the evening by train and leaving the same way early the next morning for Florence.

We'll stay 2 nights in the AC Firenza there. Probably take a day trip to Pisa to see the tower, church, and baptistry there. We are debating whether to go to the Academia to see the original David or the Uffizi to see Birth of Venus or what as those entry prices are a lot higher than I expected and since we don't have a ton of time anyway we may rather just look around the city.

Then we take the train back up to Venice where we'll stay 2 nights. Not sure what we'll do there, but I do want to see St. Marks and the Doge's Palace. I'm sure we'll probably do a gondola ride too. My friends who went recommended we go to Murano to see the glass.

We may stop in Verona on the way back to Milan, but we haven't decided yet. This time in Milan, we plan to stay at the Boscolo for two nights since it seems to be a great location. I already have tickets for us to see The Last Supper on our last day there.

Then we will head back to Bergamo to stay at a hotel across the street from the airport since our flight is at 0655 the next morning.

Tallying up all of the hotels and train tickets, the cheap flights are going to end up costing us quite a bit. LOL But, hopefully we will have a good time.

Any thoughts and especially advice on restaurants would be appreciated.

Outcomes