razorbackfan

The Whales Are Returning To Maui

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Jan 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 by razorbackfan

When we heard that the whales were late returning to Maui we were concerned because seeing them was the main focus of our upcoming trip.  I've been watching the Hyundai Tournament of Champions which is being contested at the course at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua, Maui.  They were even talking about the whales being slow to return to the warm waters off Maui. According to the announcers, there are more whales now; therefore, the competition for food in the Alaskan waters is greater.  The whales need to eat enough before they leave the Alaskan waters to sustain them through their journey to Hawaii so they are staying longer in order to eat enough.  With all that being said, the broadcast has treated viewers to incredible photos of whales... big whales, little whales, breaching whales, playful whales....well, you get the idea.  It leads me to believe there will be plenty of whale sightings while we are in Maui.

The Ritz Carlton is getting some fantastic publicity as the host of this tournament.  I wish we had enough money or points to stay there.

whale.JPG

Outcomes