AnsweredAssumed Answered

Paris is mid-February

Question asked by mgoes2 on Jan 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 by phctourist

I know this isn't the ideal time of year to go, but it's my first trip there and I'm excited.  I've been reading through most of the prior threads (thank you Gem Princess for the list), but really am not finding what I'm looking for.

We are a group of 3 women hoping to share a room to save $.  I have enough points for the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel or the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel.  It looks like in order to have 3 separate beds, these are my only options (2 twins and a rollaway...which they say on the reservation is not guaranteed...makes me very nervous).  For the Opera, we would be charged an extra $80 per day in addition to my points with service charges adding up to of a little over 500 euros for the stay.  For the Ren, I would have to use AX points and pay an extra $30 per day for he rollaway.

My question is, which is the best option for us?  All of us are first timers, love affordable off the beaten path cafes and want to see the Louvre.  We are on a tight budget, so a good CL is important.  Being close to the Metro and walking distance to places is a plus.  Also, what's the best way for us to get to the hotel from the CDW?

Any other tips for fun outings is appreciated...not overly touristy.   Also, anything interesting going on those dates?

Also, saw the deal today for the Paris hotels, unfortunately won't work for the triple room.

Outcomes