AnsweredAssumed Answered

Interesting Flying Stories

Question asked by carat on Dec 8, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by clebert

When it comes to flying, it’s always a gamble on who will be seated next to you.  Sometimes you’re really lucky and the seat next to you is vacant. And sometimes you’re seated next to someone who is eating an extremely smelly dish.  In my experience, it is quite rare to be seated next to someone delightful.  Which got me thinking, there have to be some great stories on this topic, and this is the place to do it.  So let’s hear it, Insiders.  What are your most memorable plane/airport experiences?

Here’s mine: I met my most memorable seat buddy, Lane, on a trip to Texas last winter. I was very hurried trying to catch my plane to Dallas and was one of the last to board. Luckily, I had checked my baggage so I didn’t need to worry about finding room in the overhead bins.  I got on the plane and noticed a man with a rather large cowboy hat, and knew I would be seated next to him. I didn’t think much of it, other than hoping the hat wouldn’t be an annoyance. After getting settled, he introduced himself and we started talking. Turns out I had more in common with a cowboy from Texas than I ever thought I would. He gave me some great travel recommendations and I still have a fishing trip out of Galveston he highly recommended on my bucket list. We ended up chatting the entire flight and it made a quick trip out of a 3-hour flight. The hat never got in the way.

Not an Insider Yet?

Sign in with your Marriott Rewards account to comment

or join Marriott Rewards

Outcomes