melissaerb

Italian/Swiss Honeymoon

Discussion created by melissaerb on Dec 3, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 by fschumpert

Thank you to all of the Insiders who gave me such amazing advice for our honeymoon! jerrycoin fschumpert iahflyr – Your posts were especially helpful in our planning! I thought I would follow up and let you know how it all turned out! We had such an amazing and memorable honeymoon.

14.jpg

The day after our wedding, we flew to Florence, Italy and spent one night there before embarking on an incredible bike tour through Tuscany. The bike tour began in San Gimignano, and went through Colle di Val D’elsa, Monteriggioni, and ended in Siena. The sites were, as you would imagine, truly spectacular. Each day, by the time we biked to the next town, we had definitely built up an appetite for plenty of wine and pasta.

7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

After the bike tour through Tuscany, we went to Lake Como and stayed in Varenna. What a magical and relaxing place! While we were there, my now husband (still strange to say!) and I got to take a cooking class with an Italian chef who ran a restaurant out of his home. I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Rick Steves, but we love him, and one of his books gave us the recommendation: https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy/il-caminetto-cooking-class-lake-como. If you are ever in Lake Como area, I cannot recommend this experience highly enough.

5.jpg6.jpg

Finally, we took the train up to Switzerland and stayed in Murren, which is close to Gimmelwald. It was in between the summer and winter vacation seasons in Switzerland when we were there (October) so I think we were literally two of maybe 20 people in the entire town. It was quiet and beautiful, and all of the cows and sheep around wore bells – how cute is that!? I have never been to a place like Switzerland! We would love to go back when the towns are covered in snow. I’m sure it would be a true winter wonderland. Thank you again for all of your help! Can’t wait to start planning our next trip!

3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg

Sign in with your Marriott Rewards account to comment

or join Marriott Rewards

Outcomes