lindseyh

Winter is coming. Where are your favorite snow destinations?

Discussion created by lindseyh on Nov 24, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 by psudad

I know some of you may be dreading the return of cold weather and are starting to think about which warm, tropical destination you’ll be escaping to this winter. But if you’re like me, the cold weather is VERY exciting! Because cold weather means snow, and snow means it’s time to pull out the skis and snowboard and hit the slopes!

Mt. Hood has always been home turf when it comes to snow sports. Growing up only 10 minutes away from Cooper Spur, 20 minutes away from Mt. Hood Meadows, and 35 minutes away from Timberline, I used to spend all my evenings and weekends up on the hill looking for the freshest, fluffiest powder. By the time I was out of high school I was so familiar with every single lift and slope on the mountain that I decided it was time to explore other mountains in Oregon and along the West Coast. Throughout the past several years I have had the chance to visit and frequent Mt. Bachelor, Lake Tahoe, Whistler, Jackson Hole, and Mammoth Mountain. By traveling to each of these places I’ve realized how exciting it is to ski down new terrain for the first time. There is such a sense of adventure that comes with it. I love it!

Now that I’ve had the chance to visit some great snow locations along the West Coast, it may be time to start thinking about snow destinations throughout the rest of the country and the rest of the world. Here are a few destinations on my bucket list to cross off:

• Zermatt, Switzerland
  • Bozeman, Montana
  • Aspen, Colorado
  • Park City, Utah
  • Banff, Alberta
  • Patagonia, Argentina and Chile

Here’s a past Insiders thread that lists some other great winter wonderland destinations that I'd like to visit.

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/blogs/content/2014/10/12/5-fantastic-winter-wonderland-holiday-destinations

I’d love to hear from fellow snow aficionados on where your favorite snow destination is, and why! It doesn’t have to center around skiing or snowboarding either. If you enjoy snowshoeing, sledding, cross-country skiing, or just taking a stroll through a winter wonderland, you can share your favorite place to do so!

And if you’ve been to any of the above locations, I’d love to hear your experiences and what you liked most about your time there, so that I can start planning out where I’m going to go for my next snow adventure.

Mt. Hoood.jpg

Ahh, beautiful Mt. Hood. 2014/2015 was not a good year for snow up on Hood, so I will be doing a snow dance in hopes that this year will be much better! C’mon, snow!

Outcomes