Any advice on Oslo and Dublin?

Discussion created by 7 on Oct 9, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 by 7

So, I've been away for a while as I moved and settled into my new job. There are pretty much no Marriott properties here in the Baltics, so I had pretty much given up on any Marriott stays in the near future. Well, suddenly it is fall break and so we decided to take advantage and take a short trip and it looks like I might have a chance for one.

After looking at a ton of options I found some good flights where I can go to Oslo, then on to Dublin, and then back for about $170pp and spend 2 nights in each of those location.

Marriott seems to have no availability in Oslo unless you search without a date and then you can find a Moxy. But, I guess it's either unavailable those dates or not open yet or something. Any other recommendations there? We are considering trying AirBnB though we've never done that before.

In Dublin, I see the Shelbourne Renaissance which looks really nice and the Powerscourt Hotel which is an Autograph Collection. I've only stayed at one Autograph Collection previously and I did like it, but I don't think there were really any Platinum benefits. The rate is about 80Euro/night cheaper at the Powerscourt so I guess that would cover having to pay for breakfast. Has anyone here stayed at both and, if so, can you give a comparison?

Edited to add that I'm leaning toward the Shelbourne since it is more in town and I don't really want to rent a car.

Update! I started stressing over the logistics of making 3 separate one way flight reservations on 2 different airlines (what if I get 2 done and then the 3rd is sold out) so I decided to simplify and just do 1 RT flight to Oslo and spend all four nights there. I found a really great deal on an airbnb right by Frogner park. Hopefully the guy isn't a serial killer or anything,

Outcomes