foxglove

Interested to hear the thoughts of fellow Diesel Dubbers (cough-choke-hack)

Discussion created by foxglove on Oct 2, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 by brightlybob

"Ursala" is our second VW but our first TDI. From the outset, her handling, power, and mileage exceeded our already lofty expectations. When touring, she made us feel that Emerson was speaking to us when he said, "To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom."

But now we find out why her power and mileage are so impressive -- and at what cost.   As it turns out we've been spewing 10 to 40 times the EPA-established emissions limits as we've jauntily rolled along. In addition, we received a nice federal tax credit for purchasing a "clean" vehicle. There's no telling how much revenue the federal government lost during the years the credits were available, all because VW chose to dupe consumers, government agencies, and once-loyal customers.

With 11 million vehicles affected worldwide, I'm sure it will be quite some time before VW has the new software developed and parts at the ready for the recall. And I certainly don't look forward to the dealership turning our pocket-rocket into a snail-pail. In the meantime, I'm torn between parking her and "drivin' the health out of her" while awaiting the recall notice. Any other diesel dubbers out there? If so, please share your thoughts.

ursala.jpg

Outcomes