joshm

Fitness on the Road

Discussion created by joshm on Sep 22, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 by drlandrum

Allow me to preface this post with some information that, now typing this, I never had a chance to share with the gang here at Insiders. In addition to keeping y’all minding your P’s and Q’s in the forum (which isn’t too hard because you’re all so wonderful ) I am a fitness junkie and part-time fitness instructor.

SpinClass.png IronParadise.png

Me and a fellow instructor at our whole-cycling studio, Burncycle PDX, and the iron paradise. One of my happy places.

That being said, something that has always intrigued me is the degree to which folks maintain active lifestyles while on the road. It’s an undoubtedly tough thing to do consistently when traveling on a regular basis. I don’t travel terribly often, but have experienced the struggle.

Lack of motivation while on the road, lack of access to facilities, lack of local business that offer fitness classes, lack of gyms? The barriers to keeping that heart rate up are many when traveling. So, the question then becomes, how do you all engage in physical activity when traveling? As for me, one of the first things I do when I check into a hotel is I bolt for the fitness center to evaluate my options. Not all fitness centers are created equal, and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Additionally, some places have wildly awesome gyms for a hotel.

So, the question remains: How do you exercise when traveling? There’s a recent poll that may be a fun thing to resurrect from the depths of the forum: https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1179

Have a cool workout or series that you take part in when on the road? Share it. I personally, would like to know what folks do to keep the heart pumping and the blood flowing!

Outcomes