gpamike

JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa - A little disappointed!

Discussion created by gpamike on Aug 21, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 by crnkotm

I just wanted to update you on a recent trip my family and I took to this property.

Overall this is a very nice hotel and property. The rooms are clean and in good condition. The restaurants serve good food at the normal higher priced hotel cost. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

However there were a few disappointments for us.

1.) My family and I are a big beach family. We love the beach and spending time in the ocean. Unfortunately this area is undergoing a major seaweed issue according to the hotel staff. Heavy thick seaweed along the entire coastline which made oceangoing virtually impossible. During our 5 night stay we only went into the ocean once and very briefly due to having to wade through tons of seaweed just to get into spotty areas where you could swim. A big bummer for us as we could not really enjoy the water.

Cancun Beach.JPG

2.) If you are a person who does not smoke or does not want to breath others second hand smoke, this is not the hotel for you. Although the inside areas of the hotel are smoke free, the outside areas including the pool areas where most of our days were spent are not!! We found ourselves either dealing with others second hand smoke or constantly moving our seats to avoid it. Not very enjoyable if you do not smoke. I would have expected in this day and age that the hotel would be completely smoke free with maybe a few designated smoking areas. Or smoking and non smoking areas.

A good vacation overall but not the awesome tropical family vacation we were hoping for!

Outcomes