terryamurphy

SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport

Discussion created by terryamurphy on Aug 13, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 by boomer

If you go to the Marriott website to read their "Real Stays, Real Reviews" you'll see that they only post favorable results. I could not even find this place in this forum where people could search for it alone and comment on their stays because it says the location has been removed. It's no wonder with how awful this place is. Regardless of how many stays I have and what my status is with Marriot properties, this is by far the worst I have been to across all stays. 

First of all, why offer mobile check in if you still do not have the room ready and still ask to see ID and the credit with which the room was reserved. Why ask for preferences if they will be ignored or can be overridden by the front desk?

Secondly, status does not matter here. Loyalty does not matter here. Quality does not matter here. Customer Service DOES NOT MATTER here. They are perfectly content with or without your business so YOU do not matter here.

Thirdly, get your front desk trained on how to provide customer service and not to take phone calls on their cell phones when people are checking in.

Finally, for the price, this sure does look like a run down hotel with very poor upkeep and maintenance. You have got to be kidding me with the breakfast foods left over day after day. Not one bit taste less than a week old.

Now, let's take some parts of the scripted responses and guess which ones we will see here:

Something like thanking me for taking the time to share my concerns which they will continue to ignore.  My feedback from helps them to provide the outstanding service Marriott is not known for.  If they can be of further assistance, let us know so we can ignore you further.

Mr complaining customer, your money is greatly appreciated but once again, your status means nothing to us and we feel secure in the fact that your business is not needed and our heart will go on. Therefore, we do not care about your loyalty.

Standard rhetoric with no substance or no action.

Outcomes