AnsweredAssumed Answered

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SITE?

Question asked by misterchk on Aug 6, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 by 702rugbyref

What Is MARRIOTT REWARDS INSIDERS  purpose?

Is it to provide vital information for the benefit of Elite Marriott members?

Is it a social site?

More importantly is the information posted subject to censorship by Marriott or others?

Recently there was a posting advising of a health problem at a Marriott property. Repeated attempts requesting the name of the property has been ignored.

No (site) community leader or Marriott representative has had the courtesy to publicly, or privately, advise me or the community why this information has been withheld.

It is quite possible that I have a different opinion (or understanding) of the purpose of this site.

I always assumed the "mission" of this site was to provide valuable information that would aid and benefit this community.  Information that would enhance our decision making ability when choosing properties that make traveling more enjoyable, safer and hassle free. 

The fact that the site has also evolved into a social site was the "icing" on the proverbial "cake".  We have met (digitally and in person), exchanged personal information, and have developed friendships.

Now, back to the issue at hand.  An issue that might, in fact, finally get me banned from the site (think of it - a day without the sarcasm and obnoxiousness of MISTERCHK!

That said, when one uses the word "censorship", eyes open and someone is going to ask, "who is this troublemaker". 

Worst case scenario will find me  knocking on Hilton or Hyatt's door asking for entrance.  My preference would be to stay where I am!!!

YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINION ON THIS QUESTION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Outcomes