curiousone

Brown Palace - Denver

Discussion created by curiousone on Aug 4, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 by billrmahoney

My wife and I flew up to Denver Friday morning for 2 nights at the Brown Palace (Autograph collection), staying on points. The hotel is over 100 years old and built on a triangular plot of land just a block off the 16th St. mall. Because of an early flight, we arrived at 11:30AM and were advised that we were being upgraded to a mini-suite, but it was not yet ready. We left a phone # and our carry on bags and headed out to walk the downtown. We had a Segway tour scheduled for Sat. morning, so we decided to walk to the Segway location so we would know where it was located. We got back to the hotel at 2:30PM without a phone call, but our room was ready. I am typically not a fan of old hotels because the bathrooms are usually very small. In the mini-suite we had two sinks and a shower big enough for 2 with 5 shower heads. I was impressed with the upgrade. At 4 PM we were walking through the lobby and notice that they were setting up wine and mini lobster rolls. They said that they would be giving out wine and lobster rolls starting about 4PM. Very tasty. On Saturday they did wine with mini Cuban sandwiches. Since they do not have a CL, we were given breakfast vouchers for $32/day that we could use in the restaurant. Saturday we had lox and bagels and Sunday we did the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was right up there with a JW. Denver is finally running their light rail out to DIA. It is scheduled to be running in Nov 2016.

Outcomes